I'm a UX specialist investigating analysis and design of multi-user interaction. I specialize in design of CLIs and GUIs for use by programmers, QEs, and release engineers.
My doctoral work centered around using discourse analysis techniques to understand design requirements for groupware. I am currently employed helping to design a complex versioning/building/testing system.
In my spare time, I write science fiction; my first novel Duplicate is available as an eBook, paperback, or hardcover. My second novel, We Were Gods is also available as an eBook or paperback. Yes, there's a fair amount of programming and user experience in each of them. ;)
My statements on these websites are not official statements from any employer of mine.
Member for 10 years, 1 month
6 profile views
Last seen Jun 11 '13 at 16:40
- User Experience 6.2k 6.2k 2121 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 5.7k 5.7k 22 gold badges2525 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.1k 5.1k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 3.5k 3.5k 55 gold badges2525 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Gardening & Landscaping 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 72 Suppressing diffs for deleted files in git
- 48 Why does Java not permit the use of headers as in C++
- 48 What are the disadvantages of test-first programming?
- 44 Quantifying the amount of change in a git diff?
- 40 Why shouldn't we use words such as 'here' and 'this' in textlinks?
- 40 Is it "normal" for people to not work?
- 37 How do you keep your unit tests working when refactoring?
- View more network posts →