I have been in the landscaping industry for over 25 years, gardening in USDA zone 8a. Mostly working in residential maintenance and small projects. In addition to running a small business, I am the part-time director of Streissguth Gardens, a one acre public garden in Seattle, WA.
My interests in landscaping range from plant id, to database/GIS management of both public and private gardens. Additionally, I have a special passion for irrigation.
If anyone is the process of taking a private garden and opening it to the public email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can chat, especially if you're in Wa, Or, or BC.
In my spare time I'm often found (mostly lurking) on the StackOverflow site looking for programming tips as I try my hand at Ruby-on-Rails programming, and the one on GIS as I explore that vast world.
Seattle, WA, United States
Member for 4 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 27 '19 at 15:04
- Gardening & Landscaping 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge66 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 483 483 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 325 325 55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Area 51 151 151 22 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 109 109 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 12 What can be done with hazelnut shells?
- 9 I need help in identifying this house plant. I was told it was a begonia but?
- 9 Did we somehow accidentally plant an oak tree on our balcony?
- 7 Bootstrap3 carousel - picking random next slide
- 7 Why shouldn't I water a Blue Spruce tree during and after transplanting it?
- 7 How to generate multiple maps where one highlighted attribute changes?
- 6 Do you grow or have info on the evergreen stewartia (sometimes listed under the genus hartia)
- View more network posts →