I have been in the landscaping industry for over 25 years, gardening in USDA zone 8a. Mostly working in residential maintenance and small projects. In addition to running a small business, I am the part-time director of Streissguth Gardens, a one acre public garden in Seattle, WA.
My interests in landscaping range from plant id, to database/GIS management of both public and private gardens. Additionally, I have a special passion for irrigation.
If anyone is the process of taking a private garden and opening it to the public email me (email@example.com) and we can chat, especially if you're in Wa, Or, or BC.
In my spare time I'm often found (mostly lurking) on the StackOverflow site looking for programming tips as I try my hand at Ruby-on-Rails programming, and the one on GIS as I explore that vast world.
Seattle, WA, United States
Member for 3 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 27 '19 at 15:04
- Gardening & Landscaping 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 455 455 11 gold badge33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 295 295 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Area 51 151 151 22 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 109 109 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 12 What can be done with hazelnut shells?
- 9 I need help in identifying this house plant. I was told it was a begonia but?
- 9 Did we somehow accidentally plant an oak tree on our balcony?
- 7 Why shouldn't I water a Blue Spruce tree during and after transplanting it?
- 6 Do you grow or have info on the evergreen stewartia (sometimes listed under the genus hartia)
- 6 What are some tight growing ground cover plants as Lawn substitute suitable for SF Bay Area?
- 6 Recommendations for removing a plant from a perennial border
- View more network posts →