- trained: signal analysis & image processing (information enhancement, adaptive filtering, denoising, data compression, restoration, deconvolution, wavelets and filter banks, optimization),
- involved: basic statistics, visualization & data science,
- curious: language, words, epistemology, puns.
Driven by applications, especially the extraction of weak signals in noise: geophysics/geosciences, analytical chemistry, engine control and simulation, materials analysis, and bioinformatics.
- Signal Processing 18.9k 18.9k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Mathematics 5.5k 5.5k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Academia 4.5k 4.5k 88 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 98 What is the word for always YES (100%) or always NO (0%), never in-between
- 50 Is there any integral for the Golden Ratio?
- 45 Is deep learning killing image processing/computer vision?
- 37 What is the difference between "equivariant to translation" and "invariant to translation"
- 34 Examples of problems that are easier in the infinite case than in the finite case.
- 29 Is there a "positive" definition for irrational numbers?
- 29 Should I email old supervisor about my progress?
- View more network posts →