The upload and formatting of images is poorly done by the StackExchange network in terms of a user friendly interface. Let's just walk through the knowledge that you need to have to upload a picture:
- you must know the size of your picture before you try and upload it or you could find it is larger than the 2 Mb limit which is ten times smaller than the limit for imgur users
- if you want to use a table you have to use Markdown
If you have tried to upload a picture that is too large there is no way to resize the photo without leaving your post to use another program.
There is no drag and drop facility with groups of photos. Users find the syntax of a photo link is unforgiving. As a moderator it is common to see incomplete questions due to mangled photo link syntax
This users of this community frequently use photos from cell phones and a I estimate that very few of them know Markdown.
The end result is:
- abandoned questions where the user gave up
- questions that cannot be answered as the user was not able to post a photo
- questions that need work from the community to resize photos or recreate links
One solution would be improve the coding on the upload screen so it automatically resizes photos larger than the limit and automatically converts formats that are not accepted.
A drag and drop interface for multiple uploads would be awesome.