I manage a few wooded acres at the back of my property for firewood. I have some questions related to this acreage that are probably on-topic:
- tree diseases
- plant identification
My feeling is that these are on-topic because the only difference between these and other questions is the distance from the plant to my house. (And, to some extent, attitude and intensity of management.)
I have other questions about management that I'm not so sure about:
- "What's the best way to thin this area to promote [X]?" [photo attached]
- (Which is really just a landscaping / plant spacing question on a slightly larger scale -- a couple thousand square feet instead of a couple hundred square feet.)
- "How should I be managing this coppice?"
- (Which is really just a pruning question, but with slightly different goals and attitude.)
- "How can I make my slash rot down faster -- or what's a good use for this by-product?"
- (Which is probably a hugelkultur, mulch, or compost question.)