I'm thinking questions about
- maintaining a yard friendly to birds
- attracting different species of birds to your garden
- keeping birds from nesting in places in your garden
- keeping specific types of birds away
- The right bird seed to use to attract cardinals
(same kind of questions could apply to other garden friends -- squirrels, chipmunks, etc)
Would these be appropriate? They relate to a garden, but not necessarily to plants. It seems that there's a significant overlap between maintaining a healthy garden for plants AND maintaining a healthy garden for the animals you want to attract while keeping the ones away that you don't want to have around.
But then there's questions like
- What species of bird is this?
- When does this type of bird nest?
- Where does bird X migrate to in the winter?
- What is the reproductive cycle of chipmunks?
These questions seem more ambiguous to me and may not be as tied to gardening. They seem like they might be more general biology.
Thoughts? Where should we draw the line? How should we draw it?